Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

coffee filter wreath

This was the first thing that greeted guests at the Kentucky Derby party. It was SO easy to make and cheap too! I have seen these types of wreaths all over blogland. Guess what I used??!! ...coffee filters! So what you will need if you want to make this cute wreath is:

Package of coffee filters (i used brown but white looks cute too)
OR use colored cupcake cups
Ribbon to hang it with
A round wreath form - any craft store will have these
Florist pins- again, your craft store will have these, they are U shaped.

Then I just took the coffee filters, one by one, and bunched them up at the bottom so that the coffee filter was in more of a V shape. Then I pinned each filter on the wreath with the pins. Voila!! I decided to add a peice of raffia across the back so that I could hang a small sign on the wreath with clothes pins. I can change these out with the occasion or just take the raffia off if I decide not to put a sign on it. Let me know if you have any questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment