Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Give up what?

So a good friend of mine encouraged a group of us to participate in Lent by giving something up and/or adding something meaningful to our day for the next forty days. I am not Catholic but thought that it may do me some good to participate this year. I have known for a long time that I have a love affair with a little red can of bliss. (I was going to post a picture here but I think it would push me over the edge so I decided against it) I look forward to it's carbonated, cold, sweet, goodness more than the meal most of the time I go out to eat. It is going to be SO hard to give it up, entirely for 40 days but I know it will do me some good. I drink little to no water and I can tell that my body does not do well on coke alone! I have already had about a dozen pieces of chocolate today as I try to thwart my cravings, knowing that here at work, there is a whole case of them in the kitchen. Occasionally I hear the faint call of my name and then a "we won't tell anyone". It sounds SO silly doesn't it? That is why I must break this sweet little habit. I think if I can go without for an extended period of time I can start from scratch after Easter. (oh what a glorious day that will be indeed!) So, here is to 39 and a half more days without oxygen, i mean coke. Let's hope I can make it. Otherwise I will be ashamed that He gave up so much for me, and I can't give up a carbonated beverage for a little over a month, to remind myself daily of how much He did for me! To hear about the affair with the silver can, check out my girlfriend's blog here.

2 comments: