Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 23, 2009

And the award for the BEST bargain shopper goes to...

Ok, so I am a little excited. I thought I might just do a back flip earlier at the Pottery Barn Outlet store. If you know me, you probably know I LOVE a really good deal and most of the things in my house I have found at crazy prices. We just can't afford to buy expensive things right now so we have to be resourceful. I am a bargain shopper to the max, I love hunting for the best deal, and love thrift stores, flea markets, and garage sales. So I have to share this story from today. So I went to PB outlet today and wasn't expecting to buy anything, I just love to look. I usually like to check out the rugs because I love big fluffy rugs and would love to find a good deal but even at the sale price can't afford the ones from PB. I saw a rug that was a zebra rug, except it was ivory and white and it was a real hide. I thought it was a really cool piece and love finding really unique things for my house. I checked out the tag and it was still about 119.00 and that is still too much. So I thought next door at West Elm, their rugs are 60% off. I wonder if I can find the same rug over there. So my Mom and I went next door and there it was, lying on top of the rug pile. I think my exact words were "No. Freakin. Way.!!!" So I grabbed it and carried it up to the register. The lady rang it up and said it was 795.00. So I told her that I had found it next door for 119.00 and could she check with a manager. The manager came over and her words still ring in my ears "It's your lucky day, the rug was misplaced, it is 47.95" AAAAHHHHH!!!! Heck yeah! I was so excited! So was my Mom as she proceeded to tell everyone in the store what a good deal we had found. (Not only was I embarrassed but I was afraid some crazy woman was going to follow me out to my car and tackle me for the awesome rug I had just found.) Fortunately, I made it home, safe and sound and so did my purchase of the year. So I thought I would share a picture of it's new home. It doesn't match exactly but hey, I have an eclectic style anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment