Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, September 18, 2009

Before and In-Between and Inspiration for After

So I told you guys that I was trying to finish our front door that I was stripping. (If I ever say I am going to strip anything again someone please talk some sense into me.) I finally finished, well sorta, I got tired of it so I just decided to stain it like it was with 99% of the paint gone I figured it would be fine. Well...the stain did not go on very evenly. Fortunately we still really like the way the door turned out. It looks like a pair of old cowboy boots. If anyone asks, we meant to make it look that way! We also decided to use that stain to darken the shutters that were a little orange. I am so happy with the way it looks. I think it looks a lot better! We haven't totally finished because we have to finish the post on the front porch. (It is going to require some sanding first) I wanted to show you what we have done so far and also show you some of my fall inspiration for outdoor decor this year. I will post pics when I get things finished and decorated.


Here is the BEFORE with the door stripped. It was previously painted dark chocolate brown.


Here is a close up of the door stripped. It was the color of the trim around it.

Here is the before and after of the shutters. I was very happy with the color, especially because we didn't have to take off the original stain first. We just added the darker color over the old.


Here is the in-between picture. We still have to stain the post and I need to clean up the flower beds and decorate for fall!!

Here are some pictures that are inspiring my fall decor this year. Fall is my favorite season. Of course these are from the all-knowing Martha Stewart :) check out http://www.marthastewart.com/ for more ideas!







Hope this inspires you too! I would love to see your fall decor. I will post pictures of my inside decorating when I get that done too!

No comments:

Post a Comment