Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

a revelation

I am currently doing a bible study on Ruth. It has been a really great study so far. This week we were supposed to read a few verses out of Revelations that related to what we were studying about. I have to share it with you because it has resounded in my head all week and filled my cup to the brim! I hope it does the same for you...

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:
"Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given to her to wear."

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' Revelation 19: 6-9

Of course you probably already know that Jesus is the Lamb, and we are the bride. But do you see that it says we were given the fine linen, bright and clean? Just another beautiful story of the love that Jesus has for us. I know my linens would be far from white, bright, or clean... but because of Jesus, we will celebrate that day in beautiful linens that He gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment